We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Waterline Part 2

The new waterline is struck, and the first coat of pretty red paint is on the boot stripe. Perfect, no, but good enough for the people I sleep with, I hope!

 So, recap. Four coats of Interlux Interprotect 2000 to keep the water out, and one coat of Micron Extra. I went with the Extra because we are heading south, and the Micron CSC needs a little boost in warm salt water. But here she is, with the new waterline. I only put 1 coat of bottom paint over the epoxy, I'll give the whole hull 2 coats in the spring. It was supposed to be this month, but I just found out yesterday that my seacocks are on back order for a month. Luckily I have enough of them to go ahead and make the plywood backing plates, and get them epoxied into the hull.
And, the first coat of red on the boot stripe. I shrunk the width to 2 3/4" from 3", but I can't tell the difference. However, it kept the red well below the transom. The line isn't as straight as I would like it, but the top ones aren't either, so now they match. Who can tell from this distance?

That's been my life for two days. The next couple I will spend in the shop. I had brought home my temporary cockpit lids to check that the fibreglass molds I built were the right size, and they were perfect, phewwwwww. So I would like to finish waxing them and get them laid up. Maybe get the upper cabinets made.

I took off one of the old staysail winches to check the new Harken 16STs. Perfect, they fit absolutely perfect. So now all I need to do is cut new backing plates, drill new holes, fill 4 of the 5 old holes, refinish the wood and install. Sweet.

Work to do, cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment