We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Post #100, Wow....

My first thought on post #100, is what possessed these people to let me write this much stuff, and put it out on the internet for everyone to see.

It is ironic though that post #100 is being written on the eve of us losing communications at our house. That's right, although we don't actually hand the house over until a week from tomorrow, we lose our telephone, tv, and internet, good bye house, hello world.
We also moved out of the house today, into our travel trailer. This will be home for the next 6 weeks, in various locations. Its a long story, but there is nothing left in the house. I am sitting on a lawn chair in the living room, with a bucket for footstool, and my belly as a mouse pad. Other than that, she's pretty empty. When I am done this post I will join Serena in bed; in the camper.
Its small, but in truth, how much space do we really need. This is a very comfortable little home with a queen size walk around bed, and all the amenities that could fit. Warm and cozy.

My friends at Marine Outfitters, and my buddy Jack have managed to get me the parts I needed to finish all of the through hulls, so that is very good news. They should be at the yacht club tomorrow. I can't say enough good things about Marine Outfitters, and Jack of course can't be replaced; even if he wasn't picking up my parts. ha ha

Yesterday was run ragged. I went to the work party at the club, because I had promised to clean the brush off of the beach, and it was the only time my truck was going to be empty. Then I had to rush home to take a load of garbage to the dump. The new home owners showed up, and I had a ton of little things that needed to be done. On top of that, my son and his girlfriend were here all day getting caught up on their laundry and visiting. Today I took the last load of stuff from the house out to my Dad. He wanted a few things, and I had a couple of his things here that I borrowed. Then load the truck back up with all my tools, and off to get some real work done.
 On Friday I managed to get some of the plumbing done. Above; the water intake for the head, and below; the drain for the head sink.

 I installed the new fresh water hand pump in the head. I still have to hook it up, but I need a little more hose and a couple of fittings before it will be ready.
 Today I got the fiddles on the galley countertop. Not sure the picture does it justice. But the screw holes still need to plugged, everything sanded down, and then 2 coats of cetol to even out the picture.
 I ordered the stainless steel to make the surround for the stove. It will be in Thursday, and then I can get my fabricator to knock it together for me..
 I also got some work done on the engine. Reinstalled the transmission, reattached the raw water intake. I took off the water pump and lubricated it with some o-ring lubricant. Vacuumed out the compartment, wiped everything down. Its almost ready for lift in. I want to change the oil, and the transmission needs some oil. Change the filter, hook up the battery and then give it a test run before lift in.

Tomorrow I finish painting the hull. Maybe get some stain work done inside. Put the fiddles around the starboard quarter berth. And whatever else I can squeeze in. Serena and I are planning on putting the new thru hulls in on Tuesday. Its coming along.

Okay, post #100 done. I need to get some badly needed sleep, I am about ready to pass out in my lawn chair. The next post will likely be from a Tim Hortons coffee shop, or where ever..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment