We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Shopping Cart

Ta Da..... Say hello to our shopping cart. We have been looking for a stainless steel cart with good wheels, and good carrying capability, for a long time. Every video we watch, and every book we read, talks about the invaluable shopping cart for the cruiser, but apparently not a common item up here in snowy Canada.

We finally found one at a luggage store in the mall. Go figure. It didn't have a bag on it, so I made one. We actually bought 2 because they were on sale, inexpensive, and the deal was the we got the second on for half of the sale price, cha-ching. I only had enough material to make one bag though, so the second one will be for bulk items, like cases of beer, or propane tanks, or fuel, etc...

 Velcro'd and strapped to the frame.
 This is what the cart looks like. Folded up above, and put together below.
And the whole package folded up and tied together with the provided bungy. 
Water repellent marine grade canvas, holding 2.25 cu.ft. and yet very tiny once folded up. The manufacturer claims it will hold 75 lbs, but I have my doubts. The only real problem though, is that not all the frame is stainless. I should start carrying a magnet with me when I boat shop. Oh well, we'll see how it lasts. At least I know where to get a relatively inexpensive replacement.

I finished the dodger I was working on for my buddy. I couldn't do the front window because the original was unsalvageable  and definitely no good as a template. So I will have to wail until it is on the boat and then make the front, put all the snaps in, and fix anything I messed up. I also finished up a window screen for another buddy, so I am done doing other peoples stuff. And, if anyone reading this blog wants something done, I died, sorry........

Yesterday we booked our campsite for the month of May. We are homeless at the end of April, and if all goes well, we'll move onto the boat the first part of June. So that just leaves May, and we're good now. I just have to get the boat done. Unfortunately its still snowing outside; really winter......

We also rented a storage unit. Since the boat is under "refit", all the stuff for the boat can't be stored on it, so we need somewhere close by to keep it all in. Worked out well, and dropped off the first truckload. We need to get the shed emptied before the end of next week for the new people to start moving their things in. I would have worked on it today, but it was -10 deg. Celsius with the wind chill. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this planet, doesn't it know I have a boat to finish. Last year I was unwrapping the boat and getting started at this time. Now it looks like it will be a couple more weeks before I can start sanding the woodwork.

Only 2 months until we move onto the boat.. ha ha ha ha he he he lol,,,, boo hoo hoo hoo....... Am I nuts?

1 comment:

  1. Gain instant access to 16,000 woodworking blueprints.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, pics and blueprints to make every project very easy.

    ReplyDelete