We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Cabinetry

I say this every time I have a long period between posts, but man its been a long time since I made an entry. All I can say is sorry, we've been swamped, and there wasn't really anything interesting to say.

We got a call early last week from our Realtor. A showing, oh goodie, however, we haven't had a showing in over 3 months, and we kind of let our housekeeping duties slide a little. I mean it wasn't dirty or messy, but it still needed a complete going over. I couldn't walk into the shed due to all the rummaging I had been doing for boat projects, and the garage was covered in a thick layer of dust from all the wood working. The basement had been rearranged, but not yet staged, and it had become a drop off for more boat projects. On top of this, my Dad has been here every second day, give or take, although his cast is off now, and he can drive himself around. We also decided to lower the price on the house to try and make it move faster, and it is amazing how much time was wasted thinking and discussing that.

The weather let up and allowed us to go for a walk into town yesterday. Its 8 km (5miles) round trip. We stop at Timmies for a coffee, and it chews up another 3 hours in our day. We have been trying to loose a little weight, and it has been working, plus, once we move onto the boat we will be walking a lot more, and we want to be in shape for it. So far we have lost 40 lbs between the two of us, and we are trying to lose another 40 before the summer. Some people have told us that that is great, but I remind them that we couldn't have lost it if we didn't have it to lose, unfortunately. I realized today that if we are successful, that means that we will have shaved 80 lbs off of the boat load, cool.

So, I managed to finally get most of the cabinets done. Two overhead cabinets, a new drop down table with shelf, the face frames and the cabinet doors for the galley. See below, everything hung from the door track in the shop getting two coats of cetol before going to the boat for installation.
Today the weather was gorgeous, so we took the opportunity to go down to the club and install what we could. Unfortunately, in my rush, I didn't take all the pictures that I should have, oops.
 Above is the little overhead cabinet for the nav station. It also has a speaker in it.

Below is the little cabinet over the galley, housing the other speaker for the cabin. Also note the installed face frames and the doors. Just need a counter top now. Maybe do that the next time the weather warms. I'll need 15 degrees C in order to install the laminate top. Followed by the stove installation, shelves, etc...


Its coming. The amount of storage space that I have added is pretty incredible. Question is, if we fill it up, will the 3" of waterline that I added be enough. ha ha ha

Later, hopefully not as long....

No comments:

Post a Comment