We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Staysail Rigged

At the boat again yesterday, after a 2 day break to take care of some other things. I wasn't going to work too hard though. Its becoming painfully obvious that it will take the rest of my lifetime to finish this refit.

I installed the secondary anchor and bow roller. I put on the rode from the main anchor, so I only have 130', but I needed it to be legal, and that is plenty in the Bay of Quinte, where we hope to be sailing soon. I didn't take pictures, but they'll show up when I do the whole ground tackle installation, eventually.

Then I moved on to the staysail. I needed to measure it up for a new deck bag, figure out the length of the pennant that attaches the tack to the deck, and install the reefing ties. I made a pennant out of rope for now, until I can get my buddy Red to throw one together for me. He has the swage tool and stainless wire for making them up. Found out the shackle is too small for attaching to the reef points, so I'll have to get one with a deeper throat. But otherwise it worked well. Set the reef ties, and tried them out a couple of times. The sail is still really stiff, so it doesn't roll the best, but it'll get easier in time.

Full sail.
 Reef #1
 Reef #2

The only other thing I did was to wipe down the interior a little, to get rid of some of the last fiberglass dust, and put the cushions in the main setees. If I ever get all of the other things done that need my attention, I'll be moving onto the boat to get this refit moving a little faster.

The next couple of days I am in the shop, sewing, working on the anchor locker, getting the truck ready for the big family reunion, etc.... I am hoping to get down to the boat next week, but the weather man is telling me bad things, and we have to leave on Thursday. Guess we'll see.

It could be worse, I could still be working and trying to get this done. I amazes me how little time I seem to have, I can't for life of me figure out how I ever managed when I had to give someone else 50 hours of my time every week.

Live each day to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment